Thursday, July 27, 2006

Before the Procedure

I had a pre-op consultation with the Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) doctor about one week prior to the procedure.

This is when doctor warned me of the post-op recovery pain that I would face. He said I would have three weeks of the worst pain I've every experienced. He then explained how the day of surgery would go.

I would report to the hospital about one hour prior to surgery where I would meet with the Anesthesiologist and be preped for the procedure.

Then I was scheduled for surgery, which was yesterday, and sent to the hospital for the pre-addmissions testing. This is when I completed all the insurance paper and blood work. The Hospital then when through all the questions about mediacations, risks, and complications with any surgical procedure. Then I was sent on my way with instruction to not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment