Friday, July 28, 2006

Recovery Day 2 - Part One

It's difficult to say but I am actually in slightly more pain now then I was yesterday. It seems that my lower jaw bone all the way up to my ears are sore. I can only guess that it is from having my jaw held open while the surgery was performed.

I'm still using the cold compress only now I also put it on the side of my head, which feels good but doesn't really relieve any pain. My tongue seems to be swollen most of all. I can't stick it out to look at the back of my throat without a lot of pain, so I stopped trying.

Talking isn't the easiest thing to do either, whispering is too painful though.

I was able to take a shower and brush my teeth, which actually felt good. I also scraped my tongue and got a lot of white filmy stuff off it. Don't know if it did any good but I feel a lot cleaner now.

Pain Report
On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the worst:
  • Swallowing is about a 5-6
  • Headache is around 2-3
  • Ear ache about 1-2
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment