Saturday, July 29, 2006

Recovery Day 2 - Part Two

This has been by-far the worst day yet. The pain has continued to increase to what I would say is between an 8 and 9. My head feels like it is in a vise and I can feel my cheekbones as if someone were pushing them in with their thumbs. My throat still feels swollen and even swallowing saliva, water, or ice cream is difficult. I forced myself to eat some noodles but I could only get a few fork-full’s down.

As the night progressed, I seem to be going down hill. I broke out in a sweat and my head is pounding. There isn't a comfortable position to sleep in and just laying my head down, hurts.

I hope this is the break-point and things start turning around for me in the morning. Otherwise I'll probably be calling the doctor for help. I can't imagine going on like this for two or three more days. I just hope this is normal and not me getting an infection on top of everything else.

Well, I'm going to try and sleep some more. Not because I'm tired but because it's more comfortable than being awake. At least when I'm asleep, time seems to pass quicker and I don't feel as much pain. It's just getting to sleep that is painful.

This really sucks and I did it to myself. I hope it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I have found sleeping to be difficult. I haven't done a thing during my recovery from my tonsillectomy, but I am exhausted because I can't sleep at night! It is hard to find a comfortable position and when I finally do, I don't sleep for more than about an hour at a time. The pain meds also cause me to have really bizarre dreams! I have found that it helps to keep ice chips and water near by. Every time I wake up, I try to sip a little water or put some ice in my mouth and let it melt as I try to fall back asleep. I also apply Vaseline to my lips and the outside of my nostrils to help soothe them. I think my lips got a little burned when they cauterized my throat during the tonsillectomy, so the Vaseline feels good. On my nostrils, the Vaseline helps so that my nose doesn't get too dry. I try to sleep with my mouth closed and breathe through my nose.

    ReplyDelete